Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm officially running out clothes that still fit!

1/18/2011 22weeks
Today was the ultrasound day...and we got confirmation that its a GIRL. I've gained about 16lbs since I found out I was pregnant. hmmmm...I don't think there is any chance I am carrying a 16lb baby at 22 weeks.  My doctor hasn't told me it's too much weight gain (yet), but it is definitely a strange feeling. I just focus on trying to eat pretty healthy and exercise. I am thankful I still feel pretty comfortable running and doing all my normal workouts. Today at my appointment I was given the "ok" to continue with all my workouts as long as I feel good. Half marathon HERE I COME!
Workout recap for this week so far:
Today I got the dogs out for a 3mile run/walk then dropped them off so I could get my run workout in. I did a little over 5miles after I dropped off the dogs. Today was definitely not a fast pace run like last weeks 10k, but it's pretty hilly around my house so slow is good. I finally got my heart rate monitor to work too! My average heart rate was about 145 to 150bpm. It occasionally goes up when I run up the hills but it's never there too long and my perceived exertion is still moderate and I never feel totally out of breath. My schedule actually allowed me to get to the gym this morning too! So I did about a 45min total body weight training workout. I don't like to rest a lot, so I pick 3-4 big muscle group exercises (For example: Rows, push-ups, deadlifts, burpees) and do them back to back without resting and repeat 3x, then pick another group of exercises, and so on. I do about 3-4 big circuits like that 2-3 x a week.
Yesterday 1/17/2011 was a rest day in the exercise department....mentally I wanted to do something, but my body was telling me to rest. Sunday 1/16/2011 I taught bootcamp, and we had a blast! I have the best group of people that come to bootcamp. We always have so much fun...even while they're sweating their butts off! It was such a beautiful day I decided to the pool for a swim. I didn't really have a goal for distance, but went about 2200m and just enjoyed being in the water. I really need to learn to kick properly and maybe another stroke would be useful too. Saturday 1/15/2011 I met my running partner (who is having a BOY and a GIRL!) for our long run. Again the weather was just amazing...we did 10miles! And we both decided that if our doctors allow us and we still feel good we want to do a half marathon Feb 13th! She'll be about 5.5mo and Ill be about 6.5mo. So far we are both have the green light to continue with our workouts as long as our bodies feel good. Friday I went for a short bike ride and realized it was time to raise the handle bars on my bike. So I took it in that afternoon and dropped if off for the weekend so I could get it all tuned up! I also invested in a bike trainer so when I can't be outside anymore I can still get my training in towards the end of the pregnancy and when the little on arrives. I can't forget I've already signed up for two triathlons this year! :) I had a great morning training clients and got to meet an awesome potential client (who also just found out she's pregnant...very exciting!)
It has been sunny, warm, and pretty much perfect weather here in San Diego for the past week or so and I suddenly realized that I DON'T FIT IN ANY OF MY CLOTHES! When it was cold and rainy sweats were easy! But I don't fit in any of my shorts anymore, and I'm pretty sure I have about one more week left in my favorite old jeans. So I went maternity clothes shopping for the very first time. It was a little overwhelming, both because I have no sense of fashion not pregnant and I had no idea what kind of maternity clothes to look for...let alone what brand I liked! The woman at the store must have seen my "deer in headlight" look and immediately sent me to the dressing room and just kept bringing me things to try on. I have one thing to say...amazing! Jeans with the big stretchy band thing are so much more comfortable than trying to squeeze my button closed.

1 comment:

  1. The stretchy waistbands are great too when you have to pee like a race horse and aren't sure you'll make it. No button and zipper to mess with, just yank them down!

    ReplyDelete