Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still on for the Half Marathon....for now anyway :)

Jan 22, 2011 23 weeks pregnant.
Today was a successful 11mile run!  If I keep feeling like I did today I know for sure I can do the half marathon in 3 weeks.  But I am also realistic...I know every week brings a whole new bag of prego symptoms to figure out and deal with.  I have to admit that this week I can finally say I feel pregnant...my belly has definitely decided to make it's grand entrance known to the world. 

Yesterday (1/21/11) was a great workout day...Although I did have a moment where I questioned if I was nearing the end of my running while pregnant days.  I had to stop and walk quite a bit due to some pressure in my lower right ab.  It wasn't really painful, just a little uncomfortable.  I think it was the little one pound baby nestled in that corner though, because today's run was awesome.  Yesterday's workout was a little weird...but I really loved being outside so much.  I trained an early client, ran Thor (my 90lb endurance running pit bull) 2miles, trained another client, then walked both dogs for about 30minutes during a cancellation, then trained a few more clients, then decided to run to the pool.  I estimated it was about 1.5miles away from my house...I was only off by about A MILE!  But it was so nice out it was ok.  I did about 2000m swim then ran/walked the 2.5miles home.  I was a little worried that maybe I overdid  it and was expecting to be completely wiped out the rest of the night and the next day, but I ate a good dinner, drank lots of fluids, went to bed at a reasonable hour, then woke up at and felt pretty great from yesterday's smorgasbord workout I rolled over and saw the clock...5AM and I was WIDE AWAKE !  WHAT?!  I forced myself to lay there for another hour then decided to just get up.  I had about a half a cup of coffee...I don't drink coffee often anymore, but every once in awhile it sounds really good!  And it's completely fine to have a small amount of caffeine daily.  It was pretty awesome...I do kind of miss having LARGE amounts of caffeine...maybe a little bit.

Thursday (1/20/11)...I can't remember what I did Thursday.  I think I just walk/ran the dogs.  This intermittent memory loss is happening more and more often...

Wednesday (1/19/11) I was stoked to get in a bike ride, but I woke up and it cold and foggy ALL DAY.  What's up with that?  San Diego has been on this perfect weather trend and the day I want to ride my bike it's cold and windy out?  I really wanted to try out my bike since I just got it back from being serviced.  Ummm....for the record the tune-up did NOT make me any faster.  BOOO. Oh well, at least the new brakes work great and I don't have to use my death grip as I am going down the steep hills around my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment