Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Less than 4 months to go?!

2/2/11 A little over 24 weeks
The time is just flying by now and reality has started to set in!  I am almost to the end of my second trimester...scary.  It has been a little harder to get going with my exercise routine, and believe it or not I am even slower (basically my jog is now the pace of a semi-fast walk), but physically I still feel pretty good.  No back problems and no weird feelings that would make me feel like I can't run anymore.  I guess I keep waiting for that day that I go out for my run and I realize that I am done...but I'm happy it hasn't happened quite yet.  Last week I was able to do a 9mile run with my running partner, then took the weekend off to go to Palm Desert with my husband.  We took bikes and rode a little, but didn't really do a workout.  I did notice that changing the position of my handle bars made a huge difference and makes me feel like I'll be able to ride my bike a while longer.  Getting away was nice so we could have a little time without distractions to think about things like...a name, what baby stuff we need, and discuss a little more what life will be like after the baby.  I have to say that being pregnant doesn't freak me out nearly as much as the drastic change in lifestyle and schedule that is inevitable post baby.  I know it will all be "good changes" but I am nervous about how I am going to fit it all in.
This week so far I have run 5.5 miles on Monday and did a short workout after the run.  Later on Monday I did my AB class, which is getting a little more tricky for me to participate in...I don't do any of the core exercises completely on my back, but was able to at least demonstrate them.  This time, I could definitely FEEL the heaviness of the "basketball" size uterus!  Yes, I have read in one of my many prego books that my uterus is now the size of a basketball!!  Holy cow! Yesterday I was pretty tired and just ran/walked the dogs for 2miles, then went to the gym and did the spin bike for 30min and a quick 30min circuit training workout. Today I ran/walk 3miles with the dogs and hope it get in another running workout for me later this afternoon.  Tomorrow the plan is an outside bike ride, Friday I hope to swim, and Saturday will be my big test for the half marathon decision....I will do a longer run, but probably only about 8miles or so.  If that run goes well I will FOR sure sign up for that half marathon race that is FEB 13th!      
I wore my first maternity clothes over the weekend...it was a little sad going through my closet and realizing I officially don't fit in any of my shorts, nearly all my pants don't button (even my big baggy jeans and shorts that I thought for sure would carry me through the whole pregnancy!), and most of my shirts are now "half belly shirts"...I am EXTREMELY grateful to have a couple of friends, who unlike me actually have some fashion sense, let me borrow their super cute maternity clothes and it's nice to actually be comfortable when I sit!  While I am determined to try to stay fit...I have definitely had ZERO problems putting on the weight!!  I don't go to my doctor for another week and half and I am pretty confident that I will be at the 20lb mark by then for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment