Sunday, December 19, 2010

Closing in on 18weeks! Almost halfway there...that's kind of scary

12/19/2010
Saturday (12/18/2010) run was a successful 9miles!  We started walking up any and every hill even if it was just a slight incline because we basically run as fast as a brisk walk now.  We had two bathroom breaks and three water breaks.  I've started to feel some slight stretching of the ligaments and muscles in my lower abdominal wall...Nothing majorly painful, just noticeable.  I just stop and take a few walking steps or contract my abs and it seems to go away.  Breathing felt pretty good, and even though I don't wear a heart rate monitor I could tell it was pretty low while running.  I definitely could have done more exercise, but wanted to stop while I still felt good. 
Sunday (12/19/2010) I had my Bay Park Fitness Boot Camp class.  Since it was raining and it was a small class I decided to participate...We did some hill sprints, which felt great!  Then we did circuits with the heavy rope, bands, and core work...oh and wall sits with jump squats.  It was challenging but fun!  Then I had a quick snack and met my running partner for a 3mile run around her house which took us almost 35min!  We just chalked it up to the fact that it was a "recovery" day and that there were hills...oh and we're just REALLY slow! I did feel the stretching in my abs again, but it stops immediately when I stop running or when I contract my abs...I've read it's pretty normal around this time of the pregnancy. 

The added a picture from the Holiday party I went to last weekend (17weeks pregnant).  I made my own version of the signature drink of the night...Diet sprite with a splash of Italian blood orange soda and blackberries!  Yummy! I highly recommend it.  It's delicious, low in calories, and makes you feel like you get to fully partake in the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment