Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Team Bay Park Fitness is ready for YOU TO JOIN!! Choose the 5k or 15k event Jan 9, 2011

12/14/2010
A little tired today...I made it to the gym and did a 20min walk/run 20min weight training 20min spin bike. I did my 30min AB BLAST class with my clients Monday night...my abs are sore! 
12/15/2010
Feeling a little better.  Up early for clients than a not so quick 2 mile run/walk with dogs.  I went for a 6mile run this afternoon around my neighborhood and made it up this BIG hill that I had to walk last time! It took me 64min to finish...but that's ok.  Just getting out there felt good. I also decided to start a TEAM for the Jan 9, 2011 5k/15k run, and run the 15k myself.  I'm excited to start my clients off on the right foot with either walk/running the 5k or 15k and to have one more event under my pregnant belt (15k at 5months)!  I know to some my exercise may sound a little crazy, but don't forget I was already running, biking, swimming and weight training pretty intensely when I found out I was pregnant.  My doctor has giving me the 100% ok to continue as long as I feel good and don't push myself more than before I was pregnant.  My pace is slower and I definitely take more breaks along the way for water and bathroom breaks, but I'm still going...and plan on doing it until I have to waddle. :)
One thing I always tried to remind my pregnant clients is that being pregnant doesn't mean you're instantly broken or de-conditioned...it's the most important time to maintain your fitness and strength for probably one of the most physically challenging things you've ever put your body through.  While I haven't been through it personally (yet) I guarantee women who have been through labor would agree with me...Please correct me if I'm wrong.      
Another thing I've been thinking about alot is GOAL SETTING...I consider myself a "goal-oriented" person...I'm motivated by working towards something.  This is one of the main reasons I keep signing up for races, not because I'm hoping to get a personal best time...but my goal is to finish and it give me more purpose and motivation to workout daily.  We all know that exercise is important,  and for those who do it,  you know that you always feel better(physically, mentally, and emotionally) when you're done, and sometimes it can even feel pretty good while you're doing it...but it's the STARTING that's the hard part (even for me).  So having a purpose, aka I want to finish a 15k, gets my butt out there to run. :)      I also think it's kind of cool that I can have race photos as my monthly milestone markers during this pregnancy...I call them my version of  monthly "belly pictures".  And I hope to inspire and motivate other people, pregnant or not, to set a goal to do something active! 

ON A SIDE NOTE...I'm not someone that enjoys cleaning, but for some reason I have the need to keep the house a little more tidy...weird, must be a pregnancy thing because that is definitely not a normal behavior for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rene,

    I've enjoyed reading your blog! I can't believe how much you exercise you do! Did you know that I used to have a blog? I went through and read it yesterday, and I think I might start it up again, you are inspiring me :)

    amber

    ReplyDelete