Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thinking about my next race... 15k or half marathon at 5 months pregnant?

12/13/2010
Yesterday (Sat) I met my running partner for our usual Saturday run.  We were both feeling pretty great and actually ended up doing 10miles!  It was slow and we had to make 2 bathroom breaks, but felt great!  I was sore from my workout, but it felt good to run.  It was rare that we ever passed anyone at our pace during our long slow runs even pre-pregnancy.  During our runs we constantly get passed by women and men that look like professional triathletes with not an once of body fat and floating effortlessly by us at an insanely fast pace.  These days we get passed by...well everyone! As we were starting our run a woman that looked to be about 6 to7  months pregnant ran by us!  That definitely gave a little inspiration.  We also got passed by two moms with double strollers...more inspiration.  Seeing the very pregnant woman run gave us some validation that we're not completely crazy for thinking we want to keep running well into our pregnancies, and the moms with the double strollers gave has hope that our exercise routines don't have to change too much once we have these babies, and maybe there's a chance that from running and pushing the strollers we could actually get faster! Well...we can hope :)

Last night I went to my first holiday party of the season and still find it weird to talk about being pregnant to people, not because I'm not happy but because I sometimes still don't feel pregnant...I just feel like I've gained a little too much weight and have the smallest bladder on the face of the planet.  I still don't have that cute pregnant belly, I just look like I ate too much and got a little out of shape!  Don't get me wrong I'm not in any hurry to get bigger, I just don't feel pregnant.  There were two moms there, and when they found out I was pregnant they immediately starting sharing with me about their pregnancies and deliveries.  One of the moms had a 3 year old and a 1 year old and a perfect little post baby body!  She told me she gained 60lbs with each pregnancy, had 17 hours of labor followed by an emergency c-section with her first kid!  While I was completely impressed by how much she loved being a stay at home mom and how well her body seemed to bounce back I have to admit I was a little freaked out!  The other mom there had her 3month old baby there...he was so good, and she told me she had a really easy pregnancy and was only in labor for two hours!!  I'm praying for that experience!

Now I'm off to do chores and enjoy the 80 degree weather in December!  I'm hoping to get some exercise outside today, but it might be best to let me body rest a little from the past week of workouts. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment